Participating in Walk MS is more fun when you are part of a team! Ask others to join you and enjoy walking together. Share the experience of connecting with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors or anyone that wants to end MS forever.
Additional Team Benefits:
- Team website
- Opportunity to participate in team contests
- Team photo at Walk MS
- Eligibility for MS Team Cup
As the Team Captain, you are the leader, motivator and educator for your team. Your enthusiasm will encourage your team members to raise more funds and come back year after year. Educate your team about multiple sclerosis and the National MS Society. It is important to have a basic understanding of this disease, and it's easier to raise money when you can explain our mission.
Please contact Michael Branda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.913.2550, ext 52541 for more information about starting a team.
Learn how to recruit your team:
- Team website - Tell your story. Why have you decided to lead a team? Do you have a personal connection to MS?
- Be a motivator! Promote your team goals and work to reach them.
- Discuss training and fundraising ideas with team members.
- Encourage team members to register, turn in donations, and stay enthusiastic about the event.
- Recognize individual and collective accomplishments. You can send out group emails, hold team meetings or host a team kick off or post event celebration.
- Show up at the event with a smile!
- Thank all participants and sponsors for their support and let them know that you'll need their help again next year.